Flemmish stew with beer
The cosy thing of winter is enjoying the fire inside, candlelight dinner, with the best stews that have been simmering for hours on a low fire. Staring outside you see nothing but rain and wind, but that doesn't matter, because inside you find the warmth of a group of friends enjoying your warm stew dish! Yes, the flemmish do know how to enjoy life. And apart from that: cooking with beer is just cool.
tijd: 3 uur
toegevoegd door: JasperKlewer
toegevoegd op: 8 mei 2006
waardering: Er zijn nog geen waarderingen gegeven.
pittigheid: niet pittig
Bevat: Rundvlees, Alcohol
ingrediënten (voor 4 personen):
- 1 bottle of special beer, sweet, for example Westmalle Double
- 4 bottles of special beer, the same kind, for drinking during the meal
- 4 friends who like beer (incl. you)
- 600 gr stewing steaks
- 3 large onions
- bay leaves
- slice of bread
- beef broth cube
- The recipe is actually very simple. It just costs a lot of time. But it looks impressive when done, and it is very tasty!
- Cut the onion in large pieces.
- Cut the meat in cubes.
- Sprinkle the meat with some flour.
- Melt the butter in a large casserole until brown.
- Fry the meat quickly until brown.
- Add some pepper and salt.
- Add the onions.
- As soon as it almost starts to burn, add the bottle of special beer.
- Enjoy the sizzling and the smell!
- Add thyme and some bay leaves.
- Now the stewing starts. Lower the fire, cover the casserole and wait for as long as you can. When the sauce thickens too much, add some broth.
- For 2 hours, find something else to do, but make sure it doesn't burn!
- 20 minutes before serving: cut the crust off the slice of bread, and spread mustard on it.
- Put the bread with the mustard-side down in the stew.
- Stir a little. The bread is for binding the sauce, the mustard is the secret ingredient. Makes the taste perfect! Don't tell anyone, remember, it's secret.
- Control the thickening process with the strength of the fire.
- 5 minuten before serving: taste. Important!
- If the beer tastes too bitter, add some sugar.
- If it is too bland: add salt/pepper/broth to taste.
Er zijn nog geen reacties